This digital Radio Link family is suited for setting up a medium capacity communication infrastructure, characterized by medium range transmissions (Telephonic Carrier networks, cellular networks, public or private LANs as some examples). It offers a transmission capacity variable from 2 Mb/s up to 34 Mb/s and a frequency bandwidth distributed homogeneously between 10 GHz and 18 GHz.
Medium-haul PDH Radio Links are fit for urban, peripheral or rural areas where medium distances must be covered. They can be useful for medium scale networks.
- Operative frequencies distributed homogeneously from 10 GHz up to 18 GHz. Available frequencies: 10 – 11 – 12 – 13 – 14 - 18 GHz.
- Available transmission capacity from 2 Mb/s up to 34 Mb/s. Standard G.703 HDB3 E1 (2Mbit/s), E2 (8Mbit/s), E3 (34Mbit/s) formats are available. Combinations such as 4 x 2 Mb/s, 4 x 8 Mb/s e 16 x 2 Mb/s can be obtained using a Multiplexer module.
- Possible addition of Audio or Data service channels.
- QPSK or OQPSK modulation according to the customer needs.
- A single Indoor Unit included in a standard Rack 19" 3U;
- Two separate units (an Indoor Unit IDU, and an Outdoor Unit ODU) connected by coaxial cables on which both the IF signals and the power supply for the ODU are transferred. In this case, the IDU is included in a standard Rack 19" 3U, while the ODU is enclosed in a waterproof cabinet to be mounted near to the antenna.
- Available both in 1+0 and in 1+1 Hot–Standby configurations.
- Presence of a monitoring/control module for each functional block of the Radio Link. Such a module is capable to detect the values of the principal parameters of the system and to notify them to the user through some visual indicators such as leds, analog indicator needles, etc. Any malfunction state or supply voltage drop are reported to the user through the open or closed state of some relays, which can be detected directly on the Control Unit module.
- As an option, a "user-friendly" software interface on a DOS or Windows PC is available which enables the remote user to monitor the state of the system, its parameter values and the presence of any alarms.
- Power supply: both AC and DC with automatic "No Break" switch.
- Natural coiling. No fans needed.
- Available both in unidirectional and in bidirectional versions.